CCDC 10 – 2018 A Guide to Construction Project Delivery Methods
What is the document?
The choice of a delivery method is a crucial and strategic decision that should consider the needs of the owner, their organizational resources, and the needs of the project.
CCDC 10 identifies the issues that should be considered when selecting a project delivery method. It examines the characteristics and critical conditions for the following common project delivery methods:
- Design – bid – build
- Design – build
- Construction management for services
- Construction management for services and construction
- Integrated project delivery
CCDC 10 also includes a chart showing how different project delivery methods can affect the following common project issues if all critical conditions are met:
- Scope definition;
- Performance requirements;
- Schedule requirements;
- Allocation of human resources
- and construction expertise;
- Collaboration and communications
* Available in electronic and hard copy format.Download
A registration number is required in order to download and install CCDC’s electronic documents. Please refer to the Purchasing Documents section for instructions and the list of document outlets.
1. Purchase a registration number from a document outlet
2. Proceed to download your document by selecting the blue button above
3. Once in the registration form, please enter your registration number
4. Note that some fields in the registration form are mandatory.
Frequently Asked Questions
Adobe Acrobat Reader does not have the option to save the information you fill in. However Adobe offers several products available for purchase that do have save functionality. Please consult Adobe’s website for more information at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html.
The documents will not function correctly with version 3.x of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please make sure you have at least version 4.x or higher of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can check which version you have by clicking on “Help” on the menu bar and then selecting “About Acrobat Reader”. A number should be displayed at the top left corner of the information window. If it is version 3 or lower please download the current version of the Reader. It can be downloaded from the following link – Get Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You do not need to purchase a complete set. All CCDC documents can be purchased individually. However if you want all of the CCDC documents it is more economical to purchase a complete set rather than purchase each document individually.
- Always make certain that you have the most current printer drivers installed for your printer.
- Always try to use the latest version available of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- If you purchased a single document make sure you click on the individual document listed and not on the “Complete set of documents” button.
- If you purchased a complete set of documents make sure you click on the “Complete set of documents” button and not on the individual documents listed.
- If you continue to have problems with your registration number, please contact email@example.com or 613-236-9455.
The legislation of the applicable province will set out who can take affidavits and declarations. In Ontario for example, the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act, states who can take affidavits and declarations. Some individuals by virtue of their office are automatically entitled to do so. This includes provincial judges and Members of the Legislative Assembly, lawyers entitled to practise in the Province, and municipal councillors to name a few. The Attorney General can also appoint Commissioners pursuant to this Act, which is typically the Commissioners of Oaths present in construction associations. They will have stamps and certificates to prove their standing.