CCDC 15 – 2013 Design Services Contract between Design-Builder and Consultant
What is the document?
CCDC 15 is a standard contract between the Design-Builder and Consultant to perform the Design Services required under a design-build contract between the Owner and Design-Builder.
Based on an approach similar to standard client-consultant contracts (i.e. RAIC Document Six and ACEC 31), CCDC 15 lists all the basic design services that are considered necessary in a design-build contract. These design services are listed in a Schedule, which allows flexibility for the Design-Builder and Consultant to establish the scope of services and compensation method.
CCDC 15 also includes a schedule that lists typical additional design services that the Consultant may be required to provide.
The important terms and conditions addressed in CCDC 15 include:
- Copyright and use of documents;
- Design-Builder’s roles and responsibilities in supplying information to the Consultant and reviewing design;
- Consultant’s roles and responsibilities in providing Design Services, engaging Subconsultants, and coordinating Other Consultants;
- Design to meet the Construction Budget;
- Limitation of liability for Design Services.
* Available in electronic format only.Download
A registration number is required in order to download and install CCDC’s electronic documents. Please refer to the Purchasing Documents section for instructions and the list of document outlets.
1. Purchase a registration number from a document outlet
2. Proceed to download your document by selecting the blue button above
3. Once in the registration form, please enter your registration number
4. Note that some fields in the registration form are mandatory.
Related to CCDC Documentation:
Frequently Asked Questions
Adobe Acrobat Reader does not have the option to save the information you fill in. However Adobe offers several products available for purchase that do have save functionality. Please consult Adobe’s website for more information at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html.
The documents will not function correctly with version 3.x of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please make sure you have at least version 4.x or higher of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can check which version you have by clicking on “Help” on the menu bar and then selecting “About Acrobat Reader”. A number should be displayed at the top left corner of the information window. If it is version 3 or lower please download the current version of the Reader. It can be downloaded from the following link – Get Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You do not need to purchase a complete set. All CCDC documents can be purchased individually. However if you want all of the CCDC documents it is more economical to purchase a complete set rather than purchase each document individually.
- Always make certain that you have the most current printer drivers installed for your printer.
- Always try to use the latest version available of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- If you purchased a single document make sure you click on the individual document listed and not on the “Complete set of documents” button.
- If you purchased a complete set of documents make sure you click on the “Complete set of documents” button and not on the individual documents listed.
- If you continue to have problems with your registration number, please contact [email protected] or 613-236-9455.
The legislation of the applicable province will set out who can take affidavits and declarations. In Ontario for example, the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act http://www.canlii.org, states who can take affidavits and declarations. Some individuals by virtue of their office are automatically entitled to do so. This includes provincial judges and Members of the Legislative Assembly, lawyers entitled to practise in the Province, and municipal councillors to name a few. The Attorney General can also appoint Commissioners pursuant to this Act, which is typically the Commissioners of Oaths present in construction associations. They will have stamps and certificates to prove their standing.