CCDC Documents are relied on as familiar industry standards for their fairness and balance for all parties involved in a construction project.

CCDC 21 – 2016 A Guide to Construction Insurance

What is the document?

CCDC 21 covers all important issues relating to construction insurance:

  • General Liability Insurance – Coverage offered by standard policy IBC 2100 and CCDC Endorsement IBC 2320, who is insured and the coverage for Additional Insured, exclusions, Umbrella Liability insurance, six-year coverage for completed operations etc.
  • Builder’s Risk Broad Form Property Insurance – Insured and excluded property, major excluded perils, suggested additional coverages (e.g. soft costs, delayed start-up, expediting expense, early occupancy, testing and commissioning, valuable papers, electronic data and cyber threats), renovation projects, negotiating coverage etc.
  • Other Insurance – Important considerations for Boiler and Machinery (Equipment Breakdown) Insurance, Automobile Liability Policy Insurance, Aircraft and Watercraft Liability Insurance, Contractors’ Equipment Insurance, Professional Liability Insurance, Wrap up Liability (with Wrap Up Difference in Condition Endorsement and coverage for completed operations), Installation Insurance.
  • Practical Tips on Critical Insurance Issues – Selection of insurance representatives, claims process (reporting, handling, proof of loss), subrogation etc.

* Available in electronic and hard copy format.



A registration number is required in order to download and install CCDC’s electronic documents. Please refer to the Purchasing Documents section for instructions and the list of document outlets.


1. Purchase a registration number from a document outlet
2. Proceed to download your document by selecting the blue button above
3. Once in the registration form, please enter your registration number
4. Note that some fields in the registration form are mandatory.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I purchase CCDC documents?

Hardcopy documents, electronic documents and copyright seals can only be purchased from an authorized document outlet. Please contact your nearest document outlet for further ordering and pricing information.

Can I save the contract/agreement that I fill in?

Adobe Acrobat Reader does not have the option to save the information you fill in. However Adobe offers several products available for purchase that do have save functionality. Please consult Adobe’s website for more information at

I can’t fill in fields in the document. What should I do?

The documents will not function correctly with version 3.x of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please make sure you have at least version 4.x or higher of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can check which version you have by clicking on “Help” on the menu bar and then selecting “About Acrobat Reader”. A number should be displayed at the top left corner of the information window. If it is version 3 or lower please download the current version of the Reader. It can be downloaded from the following link – Get Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I only need certain documents, do I have to purchase the whole set?

You do not need to purchase a complete set. All CCDC documents can be purchased individually. However if you want all of the CCDC documents it is more economical to purchase a complete set rather than purchase each document individually.

I’m having problems printing the document(s). What should I do?

  • Always make certain that you have the most current printer drivers installed for your printer.
  • Always try to use the latest version available of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.

My registration number does not work. What should I do?

  • If you purchased a single document make sure you click on the individual document listed and not on the “Complete set of documents” button.
  • If you purchased a complete set of documents make sure you click on the “Complete set of documents” button and not on the individual documents listed.
  • If you continue to have problems with your registration number, please contact or 613-236-9455.

Who is included in the “etc” regarding the Commissioner section in the Statutory Declarations?

The legislation of the applicable province will set out who can take affidavits and declarations. In Ontario for example, the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act, states who can take affidavits and declarations. Some individuals by virtue of their office are automatically entitled to do so. This includes provincial judges and Members of the Legislative Assembly, lawyers entitled to practise in the Province, and municipal councillors to name a few. The Attorney General can also appoint Commissioners pursuant to this Act, which is typically the Commissioners of Oaths present in construction associations. They will have stamps and certificates to prove their standing.